The Carnival Choir
The Carnival Choirs have become the highlight of our Carols and Capers tours. Here’s just a few of the comments we’ve had from people who joined us for Carnival Choir workshops and concerts at Christmas 2018.
Click on each image to open a large version.
- A big thank you to you, the band and Maddy for organising the Carnival choir. I’d never done anything like that before and was rather nervous but it was a fantastic experience and I was buzzing for days afterwards. Many thanks to all concerned.
- Thank you for what was a definite “bucket-list” experience!
- I find singing with and listening to your band an experience of joy and happiness. While appreciating the marble purity of carols from Kings I find your “carols from commoners “ much more authentic with their rhythmic spirit. People feel alive when listening. Humour has its place too.
- Thank you so much for the opportunity to sing with the Carnival choir at Cheltenham. I haven’t sung in a choir since I was 18 … I met some lovely people and had a great time and found that I can still sing!!
- Wonderful musicality and fun from all concerned.
- We were first timers and would like to thank you for the opportunity to be part of the choir for the Birmingham venue. It was a great experience and we would love to be part of it again sometime. The joy of singing with so many enthusiastic people and the excitement of the Carnival Band and your leadership was something not to be missed, so thank you again for that opportunity. It helped make our Christmas very special.
- Some of the best fun we’ve had with our clothes on!
- It was my first time singing with the choir - Cadogan Hall - and I found it to be an amazing experience. Having enjoyed the band's Christmas concerts at different venues in past years, including Cadogan, it almost felt like an out-of-body experience to be on the stage with you all. My wife and some friends were in the audience and they all said it was a brilliant concert. One friend, who had not heard the band before, had been worried it would prove to be a 'stuffy' carol concert but found it to be the exact opposite. Well done to you all.
- Excellent evening! So glad to have been in the choir - first time. Really enjoyed that experience and also thought the mixture of music was super. What a talented group.
- I sing in a chamber choir and a choral society, and largely sing 'normal' choral music. It was fun to sing things in a different way - and with such different instruments (I particularly liked the sound of the bagpipes!). Everyone was most welcoming and friendly, making the whole occasion a real treat.
- I enjoyed the Concert very much indeed. Thank you for all your efforts to make sure that we were well rehearsed and knew what we were doing!
- Many thanks for such a wonderful experience singing with you all this Christmas. My family were in the audience in Cheltenham and thoroughly enjoyed the show. It was an introduction to traditional folk and they are now enjoying listening to the CDs they bought.
- I have been lucky enough to have been involved in every year since your 25th anniversary tour, and it is always exhilarating and great fun. The Band and Maddy make us all feel so welcome.
- I just wanted to say taking part with you all at Cadogan Hall was a wonderful experience - the second time for me. I usually sing in a more formal choir so it was nice to feel more relaxed and have some fun too.